Safety above all - WestJet
Video: WestJet Safety – A Message from Vice President Billy Nolen
The safety of our guests and WestJetters has and continues to be our top priority. In these uncertain times, we’ve made some important changes to our business, for your safety and peace of mind at every step of your travel journey.
Reduced contact at check in
Your check in experience will be close to what you’re used to: at the kiosk or the check-in counter. We’ll be wiping surfaces between guests, you’ll have more room as you wait in line, and we’ll let you handle your own bags. But even though we’ll be wearing masks, we’ll be smiling and greeting you just like before.
Enhanced safety screening
- For the safety of all our guests and crew, we have enhanced our screening at boarding. We’ll ask health questions required by Transport Canada, take your temperature without contact and ensure that you have your own mask to wear on your flight.
Face masks during travel
- Transport Canada requires that all travellers over 2 years old, wear a face covering. You’ll need to bring a face mask or scarf with you to wear throughout your travel journey.
Ensuring safety at boarding
- It is in the interest of all of Canadians to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus. We’re doing our part to stop that spread by screening all guests who fly with us.
Distance in seating and cart service
- We’re giving you more space on your journey. We’re limiting seats on board to ensure you and our WestJetters can continue to fly safely. Families travelling together, can sit together.
- If you’re on a flight that’s over 90 minutes, you can expect a snack and bottled water for you at your seat as you board. We won’t be serving drinks or food on flights under 90 minutes, so stay hydrated and enjoy a meal before heading to the airport.
Clean & fresh
- We hold ourselves to the highest standard and strive to create an environment as clean as possible. With fresh air introduced into the cabin every 2-3 minutes and hospital-quality filters, you can have peace of mind as you fly with us.
Keeping our staff safe
- Across your journey you’ll see WestJetters wearing personal protective equipment and masks suited to their roles. This is to ensure their safety as well as the safety of their families, and the guests they look after every day.
A message of safety from Billy Nolen, Vice-President of Safety from WestJet
Hi, I’m Billy Nolen, Vice-President of Safety from WestJet.
At WestJet, we believe that we can go further together. In today’s climate, that means working together to make sure we can all travel safely.
Since the onset of the COVID-19, our teams have been working around the clock to develop and implement new procedures and cleaning protocols to keep you and our crew safe.
If you need to travel right now, we want you to know exactly what you can expect. You’ll will have your temperature taken before your flight, be given disinfectant wipes as you board the aircraft, and be seated at a distance from one another.
Cabin crew members will wear masks and gloves at all times and will be on hand to make sure you feel safe and comfortable throughout the flight. In addition, we’ve increased the frequency of our cleaning and sanitization measures and implemented new technologies like fogging to disinfect touchpoints onboard.
The safety of our guests and crew will always be our number one priority. When you are ready to travel again, know that we will be ready too — with protocols in place to ensure a safe trip.
VP Safety, Security & Quality